NATHAN Dyer's Achilles surgery has been deemed a success as the Swansea City winger begins his long rehabilitation.
Dyer ruptured his Achilles tendon barely five minutes into Sunday's 2-0 win over Leicester, and was in tears as he was helped off the field.
A scan revealed the full extent of the damage and it was subsequently confirmed that the 29-year-old would miss the rest of Swansea's battle to avoid relegation, and would require an operation on the problem.
Dyer has already undergone surgery to repair the problem and he will now rest before beginning to build towards making a first-team comeback in time for the start of next season.
"Nathan is doing okay," said Swans performance director Richard Buchanan.
Nathan Dyer is expected to be out of action for some time
"When the injury happened, he said he felt like somebody had caught him on the back of his foot.
"In actual fact the injury was not the result of contact, but that is a classic case with this problem.
"He has had an operation to repair the Achilles tendon. He will now have a period of rest before he commences a carefully monitored period of rehabilitation."
Dyer had made 10 appearances this season after signing a new four-year contract last summer following his return from a loan spell at Leicester, which ended with him picking up a Premier League winners' medal.
He missed two months earlier this season with an ankle injury, and problems have cruelly struck again as he was recalled to the starting line-up by head coach Paul Clement against the Foxes.
Dyer's fellow winger Jefferson Montero is also currently sidelined with a hamstring problem, but the Swans bolstered their wide options during January with the acquisitions of Luciano Narsingh and Jordan Ayew.