Login Register
 °

Discussion

“I am at my wit ends trying to sort out this new Incapacity benefit system of requirements, apparently even though disabled people were once classed as disabled, they are not now! because the goal posts have moved so far apart, one would need to be a lawyer to understand it, if one could find out in the first place, as to what extent of incapacity or disability is required to be accepted to claim. ATOS are a waste of tax payers time and money and are only there, to be officious, incommunicado and arrogantly ignorant, to disabled peoples needs. I'm sorry they may be a French firm, but they have been given carte blanche to steam roller these new reforms, by an uncaring conservative government: I've sent them correspondence by recorded delivery, only to be told that they have not received them, would I send them again! I have also been asked by them to send supporting GP's letters, our GP charges £20 a time for this privilege? what! pay it for them to lose again or what. This is not funny it is farcical: Other parties must now act and sort our victimized disabled. The trouble with this country is the lack of "accountability", people in office need to be sacked for sloppy mismanagement, at the highest level. I really feel for our returning injured soldiers, this mine field will be one to many for them, in the foreseeable future:”

By abertawejack Posted: November 19, 2012

13 comments

13 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Gwyddno  |  November 19 2012, 9:53PM

Apparently, at least 37 people a week die whilst waiting for their appeals against ATOS 'Fit to Work' rulings. Citizens' Advice Bureaux are close to collapse with the number of enquiries and pleas for help. I feel extremely lucky that I've managed to live so far without any disabilities or serious illness. Do you remember the disabled protestor who was tipped out of his wheelchair by police? - Expect more of it.

• mw0cnd  |  November 20 2012, 4:01PM

the sad fact about this is that the Tory party are a right wing nasty party! that most people in Wales never voted for.

• Dooyah  |  November 20 2012, 9:33PM

Here's one local Councillor who's trying to score points from the new Benefits regime of the Tories. I am sick of Councillors having letters published by the EP with no opportunity for readers to respond online. Link to letter: http://tinyurl.com/b4uv9uq Considering Cllr. Fitzgerald's track record as the Cabinet member for Social Services, I don't think that she should be criticising or making remarks about anything that is above her capabilites.

• gorseboy  |  November 21 2012, 12:16PM

Dooyah Cllr.Fitzwatsit is talking through her ***** again! She is comfortable in her nice bungalow and knows nothing of the housing situation in Penllegaer or Gorseinon,there are one bed properties but according to her people want to live within their own little patch,if true then council should have a system to move out under populated houses or arrange sub let. Advice to Abertawe jack-ALWAYS take a copy of all you send,did you ask post office to confirm delivery of Recorded delivery?

• abertawejack  |  November 21 2012, 7:10PM

Thank you gorseboy for your tenacity and yes I always make a recorded delivery and a copy of all correspondence/telephone calls as stated: mind you I have to be fair here, my problems have been instigated by wrong advice from ATOS reps from the outset, whom I'm afraid are so far out of touch they must be an embarrassment to this firm. With disability departments throughout the UK, under different hospice, one cannot tie down common sense, because some of these people only see their screen, with a client's (NI;no) reference: They do not understand the system can at times be a problem, which they are incapable of fixing, When a person is already on incapacity benefit, they MUST be given the benefit of doubt! (sorry about the pun) but alas they are not, as they are attributed with fraud from the outset. fraud by the way is instigated purely and entirely because: no one is "Accountable" for their actions; whom checks up on individual claims, prior to acceptance? it is also in a minority. Propaganda makes it a majority believe me or not. Disabled people are unable to look for work as they are unemployable by the masses, alas they are not disabled enough to warrant any kind of today's benefits, after a certain period either. So can anyone tell me what other income are they able to receive other than hand outs from charities?

• Philosoraptor  |  December 03 2012, 12:39PM

I am glad this has happened, so many people are now struggling to get benefits when they simply don't need nor deserve them. Get back to work people!

• hacker_jack  |  December 05 2012, 1:43PM

Sadly this is what happens when too many people defraud the system. It is the lazy robbers who are to blame for this.

• GretaCarbo  |  December 05 2012, 2:28PM

hacker_jack It's the Tories who are to blame. It has nothing to do with fraud. It is a deliberate ideologically driven piece of malice introduced by puppets of the ungrateful rich. Philos You're sick or brainwashed or both. Didn't the closure of the Remploy factories mean anything to you? Of the 1000 disabled people thrown onto the scrapheap by Maria Miller and her band of psychotic money grabbers, only 35 have found new jobs. Your remark: 'Get back to work people?' - Not when the Government's policies result in more and more unemployment they won't.

• markyparky197  |  December 18 2012, 12:29PM

Instead of wanting to know what needs to go on the form to get you the benefit, why don't you just put the truth and see what the outcome is.

• abertawejack  |  December 18 2012, 10:50PM

markyparky197: Disability goal posts have been moved thus far apart, that those who were placed onto incapacity benefits, are now not eligible under a points per illness system, if a claimant was aware as to what level was now required they could claim incapacity benefits in the first place, otherwise they would just go for either the job seekers allowance, or employment and support allowance.The majority of incapacity claimants are not cheats, as you imply by stating saying the truth, obviously your unaware of the incapacity benefit requirements, may I suggest that you assist someone with a problem of such, prior to typing. Thank You.

• abertawejack  |  January 14 2013, 11:01AM

At long last our quest has been rightly sorted out, we kept to our main points did not diverse and yes, common sense prevailed. I feel for incapacity claimants who are unable to sort out their own personal problems, as each case is obviously different, CAB can be a help but, it depends on how efficient the person behind the desk is, if they deviate in any way you could very well lose money, which most claimants can ill afford to lose. DWP/ATOS/ESA/Job Centre Plus, do provide a very good service, just as long as their telephone reps are able to tick the various boxes on their computer screen, as in "if it's not there I'll guess", instead of asking! which in turn causes unnecessary hardship to incapacity claimants, when they get it wrong. Again, ongoing incapacity benefits, should not be allowed to cease forth with, until such time as an alternative ongoing income is administered to the recipient, after all DWP are there to assist and not be so, bureaucratically biased in their judgement. When one deals with long term incapacity claimants, surely the benefit of doubt should be uppermost, especially when they are already in receipt of which. My family members problems were highlighted through uncompassionate bureaucracy, by persons strongly believing they new better and did not want or need to listen to our plight. Yes, I'm fully aware we get that in all walks of life, but our Disabled must indeed be an exception,especially when they are unable to attain work.

• Philosoraptor  |  January 14 2013, 2:49PM

GretaCarbo, you say 1000 former Remploy employee's... I say 1000 times more lazy people who claim disability benefits when there is nothing wrong with them. There are plenty of job cards on the boards in Job Centre's but people wrongly think they are too good to be cleaning office buildings. They are the ones who want you believe they are sick. You are the one brainwashed into believing everybody deserves money for nothing.

• GretaCarbo  |  January 16 2013, 12:37PM

Oh dear. Millions of dusty offices in the UK and no one to clean them. I love it when prats believe the bile printed in some newspapers as it makes me feel vastly superior. Very Dr. Pangloss where there are no disabled people and we live a land of opportunity.

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!