Login Register

Discussion

“I must say that personally I think this Website has to be one of the worst Websites I have come across.Trying to navigate it is painful.
The news page only shows the first few main top stories and you select page 2 and you stay on page 1.And the Gig Guide.....I would have more luck searching down the back of my sofa for it.
Come on TISW sort it out please....”

By samdavies39 Posted: July 21, 2012

14 comments

14 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • samdavies39  |  July 21 2012, 1:53PM

And dont get me started on trying to find a Gig !!! The format is frankly shocking. My son could do a better job.....Actually he is looking for a summer job.....

• Nye_Zwerk  |  July 21 2012, 3:00PM

I notified the Northcliffe Digital Support Team when the problem of page navigation started. Prior to 11 July, navigation from page to page worked fine. I sent the team a screenshot of what I get when I click for news page 2. My desktop PC (Windows7, IE9 with Yahoo modifications) is affected. My old laptop and new iPad are o.k. The Support Team did reply but, the problem persists. If found one way around the snag. By clicking on any 'By South Wales Evening Post' tag, I get to view all recent reports that are Swansea related and the navigation bar at the base works. Works also when doing the same for 'Llanelli Star' and 'Carmarthen Journal' tags. Although it's not a solution, it's better than nothing. Some response from the webpage technos would be appreciated.

• Philosoraptor  |  July 23 2012, 2:59PM

What I find annoying is that there is no obvious option to see developments for Swansea or the surrounding area's, the drop down options include: Crime Education Emergency Services Environment Health Politics Letters Transport Weather None of these actually apply to developments such as the Urban Village being built on High Street, or more accurately, none of these options are worded correctly to include such developments. The layout needs to redesigned because this website is just another template with no afterthought for it's customer.

• GretaCarbo  |  July 23 2012, 6:13PM

None of the celeb stories should ever appear on the news section - There should be a special slot for such items and it should be labelled 'Dull'.

• the_busdriver  |  July 23 2012, 6:48PM

I don't spend to much time on the website it is pretty poor. I do follow some of the news item comments. To me it is like the website is developed and updated by people who do not live in Wales or locally in the City or local towns and villages.

• clarysage50  |  July 24 2012, 8:21PM

I agree with all these comments about this truly AWFUL website - however, all the 'This is' sites are bad so Northcliffe Media really need to pull their fingers out and hire in some knowledgable computer staff to re-jig the whole set-up throughout this organisation. It has become obvious that since Northcliffe took the local nespapers on, actual news reporting left through the back door. Northcliffe is not into news distribution - their only objective is advertising. Regarding the Evening Post, Northcliffe has little idea where Swansea is situated let alone how to gather its local news and make it available promptly and clearly to loyal readers/site users. In short, it is a disgrace!!!!!!

• BobEvans2011  |  July 25 2012, 7:48AM

It is a mess but most local newspapers Web Sites are dreafull, particularly when they see online as the future. It says a lot about how badly local newpapers are managed and run. The message most local newpapers put across with their online presence is " We donb't really care, it's just a bit of a nuisence" The printed papers are little better which is why circulations are in freefull. Many local papers are now moving to a weekly format to reduce costs

• trunkles3  |  July 25 2012, 1:36PM

This website, along with all the other "This is" sites, costs Northcliffe money. They lose circulation and the return from advertising is much less than 'paper adverts'. If they'd lost the Local Government announcements accounts, many local papers would have been dead and buried. Make the most of newspapers and their sites, they won't be around for much longer.

• samdavies39  |  August 02 2012, 9:28PM

Well im glad its not just me thinking it.....

• Philosoraptor  |  August 03 2012, 11:03AM

Trunkles3, I welcome that day if it comes.

• PruPhneeda  |  August 28 2012, 6:37PM

It's still impossible to navigate from page 1 to page 2 whilst using IE9 & Win7.

• gorseboy  |  August 28 2012, 8:08PM

Wait 'til you meet "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" ON YOUR COMMENTS!

• Eric_Pode  |  November 11 2012, 8:36PM

It took me ages to find this.

• Dan01  |  November 14 2012, 9:10AM

Not to mention the news items which say at the end - "full article is on page xx! " How on earth does one find that page?

View all Comments

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!