Login Register
 °

Discussion

“I phoned Admiral about my car insurance renewal to inform them of a change of cu***stances I.E my son who is on my policy is temporally unemployed due to being made redundent from Comet & I have one speeding SP 30 offence ( the first one in at least 20 years ) my premium was increased by £ 58.0.
Now bear inmind that I am 72 years old & not a boy racer so I thought that the increase was not acceptable.
Anyway I have now got insurance with Tesco at a saving of over £100.0 .
On phoning Admiral to cancell with them I found that I was speakin to someone in Nova Scotia Canada, now from the hill I can see the local Admirall call centre plus they have thier head office is in Cardiff so why was I speaking to someone from Canada
Can anyone from Admiral answer this question.
P.S it is proberly why they charge so much for thier insurance.”

By oldmanprid72 Posted: February 11, 2013

8 comments

8 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • hacker_jack  |  February 12 2013, 1:23PM

You got an SP30 and it went up, shocking! I think you will find that the cheaper rate you got at tescos would have been even less if you had not broken the law. That you are 72 is irrelevent, if you cannot keep to the speed limits then you deserve to pay more, it's simple.

• oldmanprid72  |  February 12 2013, 2:42PM

My main point in writing this is not about my premium going up for the SP30 offence it was about the fact that I was speaking to someone from Nova Scotia canada when we have a local call centre in Swansea. I did expect it to go up anyway & the fact that you do not know the cur***stances of the offence does not give you the right to critisise my driving , as i have explained this is the first offence for over 20 years and will do my level best to make sure it is the last .

• oldmanprid72  |  February 12 2013, 2:46PM

What is the problem with the spelling of cur***stances have have checked with my spell check on my PC & it looks correct, answer please.

• hacker_jack  |  February 12 2013, 3:05PM

Sorry I assumed you had two points as you dedicated half of your post to each. The Canada thing, does it really matter? They probably direct different types of calls to different centres and have call management software that sends calls to the quietest appropriate call centre. Would you rather get your call answered in Canada or wait half an hour on hold in a queue for Swansea?

• tommos43  |  February 12 2013, 5:25PM

circumstances is the correct spelling I have a feeling it is the 4th,5th and 6th letters the robot doesn't like c u m

• pyreneo04  |  February 13 2013, 3:13PM

If you phoned in the evening, Cardiff staff may have gone home but it's late morning in Canada. Pop into Capital Tower when you're next in Cardiff and ask them yourself.

• oldmanprid72  |  February 14 2013, 10:29AM

end of discussion,

• tomitma  |  February 14 2013, 8:26PM

I have a feeling that it is not to do with the SP30 it is to do with your age, my husband whom is 73 was down as the main driver on our policy, our renewal came through at 783.00 pounds, so I did a bit of fiddling with the policy naming me as the main driver (age 50) and the policy went down to 423.00 pounds.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!