Login Register
 °

Discussion

“This whole bbc and Jimmy Saville story is no surprise to abuse survivors.
As an adult I have tried to tell my own family of systematic abuse I endured at the hands of other family members during the 70s and 80s, but the truth is people would rather disbelieve the victim than face the truth and disruption it causes. The bbc is reflecting our culture of neglect, it is one that would rather look away than protect vunerable members of our society. Hopefully we as a society will learn and reflect on our own experiences of ever looking away when we could of spoken up. But in reality, I fear we will just blameshift and put this all on the bbc.”

By Scarabelle Posted: October 24, 2012

10 comments

10 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • GCtheDJ  |  October 27 2012, 6:58PM

What a shame all this didn't come out twenty years ago? Makes my flippin' blood boil. Bet there's a few of his cronies sweating every time there's a knock on the door eh?

• abertawejack  |  October 28 2012, 1:21PM

The amount of money generated annually by viewers, warrants a first class service these lovies have had it too good for far to long, they despise our intelligence at times opting to participate earlier with water shed timings, as and when they feel fit. This shame though has obviously been swept under the carpet over many years, people obviously new about it, yet no one is accountable for anything within the BBC management establishment, unless there is a hew and cry from the viewers. Well I personally think that Joe Public should at long last, voice their concerns fully by disbanding this company forth with. If I/we pay into anything that is blatantly biased to mine or a majority of opinion, as alike the BBC now: then I would take my money else where, which is what this government should be doing: Close BBC down NOW.

• Hadoken12312  |  October 29 2012, 2:27PM

Jimmy savile fixed it for to milk a cow blindfolded in jimmy saviles room. Leave him alone.

• Philosoraptor  |  October 29 2012, 2:28PM

Close the BBC down because some managers a couple of decades ago did something really bad? Let's not get too rash here, it is better to leave the BBC running and instead jail those who are still around and helped cover this up. Then, the management at the BBC who are working there now will know if they screw up then the consequences can smack them hard even decades after the incidents occurred.

• Dooyah  |  October 29 2012, 3:07PM

abertawejack Yeh. And disband the Police, Army, Navy, Air Force, Civil Service, Local Government, and any business that employed murderers, rapists, pedos etc., in the past.

• abertawejack  |  October 29 2012, 8:53PM

We don't really need to pay licence fees for one TV company, there are plenty of others we can watch. But all others you've mentioned are an necessity Dooyah. barring such business's who employ degenerates. The BBC treat viewers with contempt and have been for quite a few years now. Close them Down we can then chose what we pay to watch.

• Dooyah  |  October 29 2012, 10:17PM

abertawejack Doing what Scarabelle fears. Well done.

• Scarabelle  |  October 30 2012, 12:06PM

I agree Dooyah. Already the focus has slipped off the crime, the accused, and the victims. As a society we should be asking deep questions, challenging taboos and attitudes. Applying any lessons learnt to those we meet in our own life. But, hey, thats too much thinking, its much easier to talk about the bbc and the license fee.

• Philosoraptor  |  October 31 2012, 9:17AM

Close down the BBC and TV will be filled with total rubbish, at this moment now, it is only filled with a lot of rubbish. I would rather continue paying the licence fee and get some educational shows such as Horizon, instead of paying multiple companies for the pleasure of watching shows like MTV's The Valleys 24/7. Get rid of the BBC and we will be stuck with channels like ITV, what a depressing vision of our future that would be.

• HollyBrownEye  |  March 15 2013, 4:06PM

That's too bad Scarabelle.. Did you report to the authorities? Far too many crimes like this go unreported. What type of family members if you don't mind me asking? I study psychology and studies show that depending on the Ranking of family member whether be close or distant, can depend on whether the victim is believed or not.. The closer the family member meant that sometimes the victim was seen as 'crying for attention' or getting revenge on that family member.. It is also sad this type of thing was taboo in the 70's and 80's and crimes like this were never reported out of family shame etc.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!