Login Register

Discussion

“Shame on you! Every day I visit the Ck supermarket in Birchgrove for a daily paper.I am disabled and walk with pain. Since Christmas, every single day,able bodied drivers park on the marked bays saying for disabled drivers only. The store manageress listened to my concerns and put new signs up. These were ruined and destroyed within one week.Some mornings I spoke to offending drivers and met with rudeness and intimidation. THere are some very brave people in Birchgrove given that IAm 64 years of age and disabled. Shame on you! I have never seen this level of disrespect for disabled people before. Just across the road is a primary school. Parents park on the disabled bays and walk to school stopping genuine users of the bays for 10 minutes or more.Shame on you! Two vans are regularly parked on the disabled bays. One is a red and yellow car parts supplier and the other is an emergency fire alarm response vehicle. Yesterday morning the driver stood by the van and ate a hot snack. Shame on you! The staff (all ladies ),are afraid to confront their customers. Whilst I don't wish disability on anyone, I want to tell all those drivers that elderly or disabled people in their families would be ashamed of their actions, and if the police caught them they would be charged for breaking the law. I really hope somebody reading this cares. IHave been told that disabled drivers throughout Swansea are always complaining and asking for help but nothing happens.A delivery driver at Ck supermarket told me that people park on his company's driveway and the police don't take it seriously. Perhaps they will one day go to Ck supermarket an catch some of the very many drivers who don't care about parking where they shouldn't. I am not holding my breath.Mr. Paul Benson.”

By pibian Posted: February 08, 2013

4 comments

4 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • pibian  |  February 09 2013, 8:20AM

Why are Adverts allowed on this discussion forum? The advertiser is placing ads he doesn't pay for , and replacing genuine discussions all the time by racing to the top again and again.

• chelsea1955  |  February 14 2013, 9:59PM

LET THE TYRES DOWN

• Philosoraptor  |  February 18 2013, 11:29AM

The is no law stopping any driver park any car within the spaces marked for disabled people on private land. Whilst the store may display such a space for those who are disabled, an able bodied driver has much legal right to park there as somebody who is disabled. That is how the law works. As such, you cannot be upset and angry when they park where they are actually allowed to. And if they are not allowed to, then that is up to the owner of the private land to deal with. Your beef should be with CK who will not enforce a rule that technically is not really in place, not the drivers who park where they are allowed to by CK. Because CK does not have signage at the entrace to the car park explaining who can and cannot use whatever space, the disability markings on the spaces have no meaning and as such they are not disabled spaces. If you want to stop people using those spaces then talk to CK HeadQuarters, explain the problem, tell them to put a CCTV camera covering the car parking spaces, and also put a sign at the car park entrance explaining the rules of the site, and any fine that may be applicable for breaching those rules. The CK company can then retro-fine people for abusing the car park. But right now, you have no more right to use those spaces than Usain Bolt himself.

• zanechaparro  |  February 20 2013, 12:14PM

til I saw the draft four $8306, I didn't believe ...that...my friends brother could actualey making money part time at their laptop.. there neighbour haz done this 4 only about 15 months and resantly repayed the morgage on there condo and purchased a brand new Fiat Multipla. this is where I went, http://tinyurl.com/bppmh5k

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!