Login Register

Discussion

“Complain about ****** being filtered, it is terrible that one of our national dishes is outlawed on this site. I have sent an email already and if you want to get one of our traditional dishes unblocked then feel free to copy and paste into your email client to help@thisissupport.co.uk

---------------------

"For reasons unknown to anyone in Wales, the name for one of our National foods is blocked. The words in question are ****** and ******s. Please see the defintion below, and unblock this word from the filter because it is very offensive (and perhaps discrimination) that we are not allowed to speak of our national dish.

****** (food)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

******s are a traditional dish in the UK,[1][2] especially South and Mid Wales and the Midlands of England.[3][4][5] It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork.[3] A ****** is traditionally made from pig's heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.

******s are also known as "ducks" in the Midlands, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Lancashire, often as "savoury ducks".

The first use in print cited in the Oxford English Dictionary is in 1851, from Thomas Mayhew, although this appears to be a calzone- or pasty-like dish, with an outer wrapper of caul, covering a filling of mixed pork offal. This was in London.

We look forward to hearing from you on this matter, and failure to remove the filter on this food type will result in a formal complaint being made to local, regional and national parliamnetary authorities on the basis of discrimination.

Regards,
your name”

By Philosoraptor Posted: December 15, 2012

5 comments

5 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • Philosoraptor  |  December 15 2012, 12:41PM

PS. The word in question is ***********

• Philosoraptor  |  December 15 2012, 12:41PM

Okay, let try it this way.... f4g got

• GSVale  |  December 16 2012, 12:33AM

I'll send one off as I find it hilarious that in the article the word ************* is allowed but not in the comments plus I quite like ************* they are very tasty.

• GSVale  |  December 16 2012, 12:41AM

I do feel offended they took my Ffagods out of that last post.

• Portal_Bot  |  December 16 2012, 11:43AM

In New York they're nansie cojones

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!