Login Register

Ponthenri taken to cleaners by Thomas

By South Wales Evening Post  |  Posted: February 06, 2013

Comments (0)

IN one of three games in the Premier division of the LTC Mobility Carmarthenshire League, there was an amazing scoreline as Evans & Williams beat visiting Ponthenri 8-0.

There was a hat-trick for Johnny Thomas.

The Ponthenri defence didn't help their cause by scoring two own goals. Johnny Perrott scored twice, and there was another for Dan Thomas as Evans & Williams produced an outstanding performance.

Loughor Rovers were 2-0 down at one stage of the clash at Pengelli United but hit back to win a thriller 3-2.

All the Loughor goals were scored in the last 20 minutes, with left-back Ashley Lewis pulling one back in the 70th minute.

Matthew Hurford equalised in the 78th minute, and in the 85th minute Loughor were ahead for the first time in the match.

The hero was second-team striker Andrew Woods, who netted from a cross by Dan Hurford after coming on as a substitute.

Dafen drew 1-1 with visiting Camford Sports.

After going behind to a goal from Scott Evans in the 55th minute, Paul Fowler rescued a point for Camford with a brilliant 20-yard free-kick.

Promotion-chasing Tumble United are unbeaten in eight league games after a 4-2 win away to Trostre Sports in division one.

All the goals were scored in the second half, and it was Tumble who struck first when the referee pointed to the spot for a foul on Peter Raynor. Jonathan Stockwell netted the penalty, and soon after it was 2-0.

Also on target for Tumble were Raynor, substitute Adam Butler and Leighton Hewitt. Butler was the driving force as Tumble pushed forward in the second half, with Brett Enoch also outstanding.

Burry Port lost 3-1 at Killay. After being a goal behind at the break, Joe Pullman equalised from a tight angle for Port in the 55th minute.

Second division CK Swiss Valley hosted leaders Carmarthen Town Reserves, and found themselves a goal behind in the first couple of minutes.

Nicky Thomas netted from a flick on by Dan Ramsey, and the same player doubled the advantage in the 13th minute.

Thomas scored another two in the second half in helping Town to a 7-2 win. Anthony Evans, Jody Thomas and Ian Barrett inflicted more misery on the home team.

For Drefach it continues to be a struggle, although the 5-1 defeat at home to Garden Village doesn't do justice to their performance.

After going a goal behind in the 20th minute, Drefach battled back to make it 1-1 at half-time. Gareth Jones capitalised on a poor clearance in the 40th minute.

Just when it looked as if Drefach were back in it, they conceded a couple of soft goals in the first ten minutes of the second half.

Drefach did have the chance of a consolation goal late on, but Johnny Lloyd blasted his penalty attempt over the bar.

There was a welcome three points for Penyfan United, who accounted for visiting Llandeilo Town 1-0. The winning goal was scored on the half-hour by Craig Fisher.

In division three, Chris Osborne struck with a hat-trick in helping Greenfield Rovers climb to the top of the table following a 6-1 win at home to KRUF.

Other goals were added by Daniel Geary, Kevin Davies, and Gareth Hatto.

Bancffosfelen produced a solid performance in a 4-0 win in the away clash against Porth Tywyn.

Lee Mandry capped an outstanding display by netting twice, while Aled Owens and Lee Williams also scored.

West End United faced a tough trip to Felinfoel in the third round of the Challenge Cup, and came away with 3-2 victory.

Sam Evans scored the opener for West End, then blasted home a penalty to double the advantage.

The home side deservedly pulled a goal back, but Evans headed home to complete his hat-trick.

The home side rallied again and pulled another goal back, but some great last-ditch defending saw West End home.

Kidwelly Town were beaten 2-0 at home by Pontarddulais Town, while Bwlch Rangers won 7-2 at Whitland in the third round of the Senior Cup.

Clayton Jenkins struck twice in helping Bwlch lead 4-1 at half-time. Also on target were Jason Morris and Cellan Jenkins.

A header from Cellan Jenkins made it 5-1 early in the second half, and two more goals followed from Clayton Jenkins and Chris Lewis.

Second division Johnstown United defied the odds to beat Premier division Trallwm 5-2 on their own ground in the fourth round of the Senior Cup.

After going behind to a goal from Marcus Roberts in the 20th minute, Trallwm looked on their way to the semi-finals when they hit back to lead 2-1 early in the second half.

But the underdogs were far from finished, and drew level at 2-2 thanks to Steffan Phillips on the hour.

Then in the 70th minute the referee awarded Johnstown a penalty for a foul on Adam Thomas. Tom Harvey made no mistake to give his team a 3-2 lead.

When a diving header from Steffan Phillips beat the keeper in the 80th minute a shock result was on the cards.

And United weren't finished, with Adam Thomas rounding the keeper late on to make the final score 5-2.

Read more from South Wales Evening Post

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters