Login Register

Neath mum whose daughter was airlifted to hospital thanks emergency services

By South Wales Evening Post  |  Posted: May 24, 2014

12-year-old Megan Daniels was airlifted to Morriston Hospital.

Comments (0)

A TERRIFIED Neath mum whose daughter was airlifted to hospital after she was in a collision with a car has praised the emergency services.

Michelle Daniels said she was frantic when she discovered that her 12-year-old daughter Megan had been involved in an accident last Friday.

Megan, who attends Cefn Saeson Comprehensive School, is now on the road to recovery, but suffered cuts to the face, torn ankle ligaments and a fractured rib.

"She has been very brave and has not complained once," said Ms Daniels. "She was very lucky."

Related content

She said the accident happened just minutes after Megan had left their Moorland Road home.

"She was going to meet her friend," said Ms Daniels.

"She had just gone out of the door, and it was just five minutes when I had a knock on the door. It was terrible, I was frantic

"She had only just left the house."

At 6pm, emergency services were called to Cimla Road following the incident, which eye witnesses reported happened in a lane near the CKs store and the Cimla Hotel, and next to the former post office.

"They came and got me and I was with her in the air ambulance," said Ms Daniels.

"We were taken to Morriston Hospital. She can't remember much. She was admitted Friday evening and came home on Sunday."

Ms Daniels said they wanted to express their thanks and gratitude to the emergency services, along with everyone who had looked out for Megan.

"I want to thank the paramedics for airlifting her to hospital," she said.

"And I also want to thank the people that came out of their houses to help her."

Fire crews from the Neath station — which is on the same road — attended the scene and helped the air ambulance paramedics in transferring Megan to the helicopter, which landed on Cimla Common.

A spokesman for Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called at around 6pm, when a fire crew member came across the incident. The crew stood down at 6.46pm."

News of the incident quickly spread on social networks, with many wishing Megan well.

Read more from South Wales Evening Post

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters