Login Register

Michael Laudrup draws up new list of Swansea City targets

By South Wales Evening Post  |  Posted: June 12, 2013

ath_swansea_v_fulham_0828

Michael Laudrup draws up new list of Swansea City targets

Comments (0)

MICHAEL Laudrup has handed Swansea City a fresh list of attacking targets as his search for added firepower goes on.

Laudrup has seen a number of possible recruits slip through his fingers already this summer after making it clear to Swansea's owners that he wants significant reinforcements in attack.

Now the Dane has come up with a handful of new names including, as reported in yesterday's Evening Post, West Brom's Peter Odemwingie.

There are also thought to be other players on Laudrup's radar after Swansea missed out on the likes of Iago Aspas and Romelu Lukaku.

Laudrup has been in touch with Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins to discuss the players he wants, though it is believed talk of a meeting between the two yesterday was wide of the mark.

Laudrup is in Majorca, while Jenkins is now back in this country after a holiday in Portugal.

Doubts remain over whether Laudrup will still be in charge of Swansea next season but, for the moment at least, both the manager's camp and the club say they are working to improve the playing staff.

Long-term Laudrup target Aspas had seemed set to arrive in Wales until a late bid from Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

The Spaniard was reportedly on Merseyside yesterday to finalise his £7.7 million move from Celta Vigo.

Another player Laudrup wanted, Leo Baptistao, is on his way to Atletico Madrid, while Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looks to be heading elsewhere despite holding talks with Swansea's boss.

The decision of Chelsea to keep hold of Romelu Lukaku was another blow for Swansea, for there had been positive feedback from Stamford Bridge about a possible season-long loan deal for the Belgian.

Another forward Laudrup likes, Arouna Kone, has revealed he is keen to stay in the Premier League following Wigan Athletic's relegation.

The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move to Everton after Roberto Martinez departed for Goodison Park, but says he does not yet know what his future holds.

"I have a contract until 2015 with Wigan and I settled very well there," Kone said.

"It is a brilliant community football club. The chairman is fantastic.

"Yes, I want to be playing in the Premier League but it also depends on Wigan because I have a contract with them. Everton? Just because the gaffer is in charge makes the link stronger but I don't know what will happen."

Meanwhile, striker Curtis Allen has claimed he received an approach from Swansea after joining Scottish Premier League side Inverness from Irish outfit Coleraine.

"I had a couple of other options. Swansea showed an interest but once I spoke to Inverness I was really keen to go there and it seemed the perfect move," he said.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR