Login Register

Jury hear details of alleged rape in Neath house with sadomasochistic sex "dungeon"

By SWEPRMosalski  |  Posted: February 05, 2013

Nadine Williams

A JURY have been told details of an alleged rape, said to have taken place in a house with a sadomasochistic dungeon by a transgender man.

Nadine Williams, also known as Dean, is on trial at Swansea Crown Court charged with rape and two counts of sexual assault. He denies all the offences.

Prosecuting barrister Huw Rees opened the case to the jury on day two of the trial.

He told the eight men and four women of the jury that the pair had gone out for dinner on October 4, 2011 in Neath when they allege Williamsinvited her back to a house in Neath to see his women's clothes.

Mr Rees said Williams, 39, of Dan-y-coed, Tonmawr, had recently announced he was transgender and wished to be known as Nadine.

"He was open about his potential sex change and that he was wearing women's clothes and was doing so on the day that they met," he said.

The pair were at the Neath home of one of Williams's friends when he allegedly invited the woman to see the sadomasochistic – also known as S&M – room, which was set-up in an upstairs bedroom.

The room contained various whips, sex toys and dominatrix apparatus, Mr Rees said.

The room was known as "The Dungeon".

After seeing that room, the pair went into another bedroom where Williams is alleged to have been planning to show the woman his clothes.

Mr Rees said: "She alleges that the defendant pushed her onto the bed and she fell on her back. He then straddled her and ripped her top and bra off. Whilst he was doing this, he was snarling and growling. She was shouting at him to get off."

The woman said she tried to fight him off, even biting his shoulder during the attack.

She alleges he scratched her breasts and back with his false nails leaving her with marks.

After he subjected her to a second sex attack, also in the bedroom, she managed to run downstairs to the living room. As she sat on thesofa and tried to put her jeans and clothes back on, she said Williams came downstairs and allegedly committed a third attack while kneeling in front ofher.

"This was done against her will and without her consent," said Mr Rees.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, then ran outside. She tried calling a friend, but when she did not answer, she sent a text message to her saying: "Help me. He just tried to rapeme". The woman then went to her friend's house and was discovered cryinghysterically and "shaking uncontrollably".

She then repeated the claim, saying: "The ******* raped me".

After his arrest, Williams admitted the pair had had sex but said it was consensual.

Mr Rees said his first words to police were: "She was here earlier on and we had sex together but it was consensual."

In his police interviews, Williams denied raping and assaulting the woman. He said they had kissed "tenderly" and the act was reciprocated.

The first piece of evidence shown to the jury was a recording of a video interview taken by police of the woman. In it, she said she had found the S&M room "freaky" but said "I was trying to be cool about it. I was trying to laugh it off to be honest and that's when he went for."

She said: "He tried to kiss me and I pushed him off me. I said 'Get off, don't be stupid'," When asked by the officer if she had consented to sex, the woman replied: "He's a woman. He's dressed as a woman. I don't fancy him."

The woman, who admitted she was "tipsy" but denied being drunk, said Williams had been taking "Liquid Gold" poppers.

The trial continues. 

Read more from South Wales Evening Post