Firefighters in Pembrokeshire are urging the public to stay safe following a number of weather related incidents.
Crews from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service say they have attended a number incidents in recent days including road collisions, chimney fires and house fires which have all been attributed to the winter weather.
Fire Service Community Safety Manager Sion Slaymaker said: "Winter weather brings with it a new set of challenges and I would urge members of the public to think about fire safety in their home at this time of year.
"In addition the winter weather will affect road surfaces, driving conditions and the way your vehicle performs, it’s important to adjust driving styles to account for these changes to ensure you stay safe this winter."
The public is invited to attend a free electric blanket and Christmas light testing service at the fire service Headquarters building in Merlins Hill, Haverfordwest on Wednesday, December 12 between 10am and 2pm.
Represnetatives will also be at Christmas Market in Riverside, Haverfordwest on Friday, December 14, testing Christmas lights and offering winter safety advice.
Mr Slaymaker added: "In addition I would urge members of the public to take full advantage of our free Home Fire Safety Check which may involve the fitting of potentially lifesaving smoke detectors."
For further information or to make a booking contact 0800 169 1234 or online at www.freesmokealarm.co.uk