Login Register
 °

Electrical fault causes fire at Neath school

By South Wales Evening Post  |  Posted: May 13, 2014

Electrical fault causes fire at Neath school
Comments (0)

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire at a Neath school last night, caused by an electrical fault.

The incident happened at Llangatwg Community School in Main Road, Cadoxton.

The alarm was raised at 9.25pm after smoke was spotted in the reception/staff room area.

“There was a small fire which caused a smoke logged area,” said a Mid and West Wales Fire & Rescue Service spokeswoman. “There was a small issue with lighting in the reception area/staff room.”

It is believed the school caretaker was quickly on the scene and the fire was put out before the fire service arrived. Officers did carry out ventilation of the area and the incident was closed at 10.12pm.

Read more from South Wales Evening Post

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES