Login Register

Bonymaen ease to victory over Wern

By South Wales Evening Post  |  Posted: February 13, 2013

Comments (0)

BONYMAEN Colts won 7-1 at Wern in division two of the Swansea League.

Andrew Allen put the visitors 1-0 up when he followed up Lee Johnson's shot and netted from close range. Allen was again involved as he combined with Simon Fowler to set up Nicky Mason, whose excellent volley made it 2-0.

Daniel Hughes made it 3-0 before Wern pulled a goal back.

Dean Green's free-kick from 30 yards made it 4-1 to Bonymaen just before half-time. Johnson got on the scoresheet when he converted Mason's cross to make it 5-1 before Cameron Jones came off the bench to make it six.

Jones further increased Bony's lead when he broke from midfield and lobbed the advancing keeper.

Bonymaen Colts : N.Lewis, S. Betchelet, A. Thomas, R. Mogridge, D. Green, S. Fowler, A. Allen, N. Mason, L. Johnson, L. Woods, D. Hughes. Subs: C. Rees, C. Jones, A. Caron.

Kingsbridge went to the top of division three after a 2-1 victory at Waunarlwydd.

But they needed the heroics of goalkeeper Dave Rowe late on to deny Waun a point.

Kingsbridge raced into a 2-0 lead in the first half when Steven Hughes forced home from close range after an Owen Frost throw-in. A rasping drive from Luke Michael doubled the lead.

Waunarlwydd got back into the contest via a deflected goal. Kingsbridge spurned further chances to increase their lead but Waun looked the stronger side late on and tested Rowe, who was at his best.

Waunarlwydd : J. Harrison, D. Evans, A. Jones, S. Murphy, R. Burns, D. Rickard, K. Dhar, S. Stock, K. Jones, J. Minty, B. Picton. Subs: J. Evans, G. Price, C. Grey.

Kingsbridge Colts : D. Rowe, J. Kean, R. Jones, O. Frost, M. Rees, J. Disbray, L. Michael, S. Cobley, S. Lorey, S. Hughes, D. Hughes. Subs: J. Dickerson, S. Dabbs.

Brynawel won 1-0 at Rockspur to maintain their promotion hopes. Team Swansea beat Treboeth United 6-2.

Mountain Dew and Wales Tartan shared a 2-2 draw in division four.

Tartan twice took the lead through Adam Watkins, with a low drive from outside the area, and Jordan Dykes, who guided a free-kick into the net.

But they saw Jordan Randell red-carded for a mistimed tackle.

Mountain Dew took advantage late on to claim an equaliser.

Cwm Social beat Union Rangers 5-1 to maintain their interest in the promotion race.

Read more from South Wales Evening Post

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters